Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Music Moves Me




Music moves me. I’m not sure which receptors in my brain are aroused by music, but it is certain to improve my mood when down in the dumps, or motivate me to bump it up a notch on the treadmill.  


Some melodies elicit the desire for dance. I've always loved freestyle. Nowadays, I believe it is referred to as dance improvisation. Childhood memories take me back to a time when I could spend hours in front of my bedroom mirror with hairbrush-mic in hand, singing and dancing. Can't a girl dream? :)

I’m listening to Madeleine Peyroux as I type this entry. Get to know her, if you have not already. Her jazzy, bluesy voice is amazing and many compare it to that of Billie Holiday.

Grab a hairbrush or just sit back and relax… and listen to Madeleine.


2 comments:

  1. I like the memories associated with the music. 70's rock reminds me of High School and college, old country reminds me of times with my dad. Individual songs are often associated with people or events some make me smile, others make me sad, but all create good memories of good people in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, David. I enjoyed reading your thoughts. Keep 'em coming.

      Delete